The 5 Best Restorative Yoga Certifications Online
The 5 Best Restorative Yoga Certifications Online are:
Below you’ll read about these five best restorative yoga certifications you can access online. This online coursework is the perfect introduction to restorative yoga for those who want to deepen their yoga practice and pass on those restorative concepts to their students.
How Do I Get Certified in Restorative Yoga?
The process for getting certified in restorative yoga involves taking several hours of online coursework geared at educating you in the concepts involved with restorative yoga. Yoga instructors can achieve certification through total immersion training that lasts 14-30 days or online coursework at the student’s pace.
What Are Examples of Lessons in a Restorative Yoga Certification?
Classes in a restorative yoga certification are designed to cover the concepts necessary to lead students in restorative yoga in the classroom. Here are some of the basic lessons that are typically covered in a restorative yoga training program:
- Restorative yoga fundamentals and the advantages of restorative yoga practice: Fundamentals training gives students a solid foundation in the principles behind restorative yoga and why it is helpful to teach.
- Basic anatomy and yoga’s effect on the nervous system: Yoga instructors need to understand how the poses and breathwork in yoga affect the skeletal system, musculature, and circulatory system of the body. This knowledge can help instructors recommend modified poses and explain yoga’s benefits to students.
- Breathwork and meditation: Breathwork and meditation are huge aspects of all yoga. However, they’re an especially large part of restorative yoga since these yoga poses focus on stillness and concentration rather than movement.
- Modified yoga poses, assisted poses, and props: Restorative yoga is often recommended to yoga students who may need adaptive yoga or other “soft” yoga that can be modified to match the student’s level of ability. Most restorative yoga training programs will go over the common props used for restorative yoga modifications.
- Commanding a yoga studio: Fostering a confident presence and resonant voice in the yoga studio can help you retain students and builds trust between the yoga instructor and their students.
- Business and marketing: Being good at yoga is only one part of running a successful yoga studio. Managing the financial side of things is necessary to keep the business going and build up repeat clients over time.
Restorative yoga certifications contain specialized coursework, but they also cover many of the concepts that are necessary to learn for a traditional yoga class, too. These are lessons that can help improve the management of any yoga studio even if it doesn’t end up offering classes that revolve around restorative yoga. And they can help you achieve all the benefits of restorative yoga with your students!
What Does the Yoga Alliance Require for Restorative Yoga Teacher Training?
The Yoga Alliance requires that yoga instructors who want to be listed in their directory as a Registered Yoga Teacher complete a Yoga Alliance approved restorative yoga program. Most of these programs run between 50-60 hours.
Suppose restorative yoga teacher training is part of a yoga instructor’s continuing education with the Yoga Alliance. In that case, the training counts as six hours towards the twenty hours of online training you can take that is applicable towards your certification with the institute.
To register as a certified yoga instructor with the Yoga Alliance, yoga instructors must commit to 30 hours of continuing education every three years.
The 5 Best Restorative Yoga Certifications Online
There are many different restorative yoga certifications online, but it’s a good idea to shop around before committing to a specific course.
You’ll want to make sure that you choose a restorative yoga instructor with a good reputation and preferably one whose coursework is approved for further certification. Online certifications are a great way to continue your yoga education at your own pace.
Here are a few of the best restorative yoga certifications you can pursue online.
1. Online Restorative Yoga Certification by My Vinyasa Practice
The Restorative Yoga Certification from My Vinyasa Practice is an excellent choice for online certification for busy yoga instructors since it is a self-paced course. While the coursework is set up to be studied in weekly increments to be completed in roughly four weeks, students can take as long as they need to fully absorb the training.
Another benefit of going with My Vinyasa Practice is that this online certification counts towards a continuing education certification with Yoga Alliance. This restorative yoga training course is worth forty non-contact credit hours with the Yoga Alliance towards maintaining registered status with the organization.
Here are some of the other concepts covered by restorative yoga training at My Vinyasa Practice:
This restorative yoga training course offers plenty of secondary materials for study, including pre-recorded lectures, instructional videos, lesson plans, and playlists. If you’re looking for a cumulative course that will teach you everything you need to know to get certified as a restorative yoga instructor, this course fits the bill.
2. Restorative Yoga Teacher Training by Yoga Bliss
Are you in search of expertise in the art of relaxation and rejuvenation? Your quest ends with the 20-Hour Restorative Yoga Teacher Training provided by Yoga Bliss. This program, guided by the highly regarded senior teacher Gwendoline Ferreira, offers a unique opportunity to delve into the transformative practice of restorative yoga.
Throughout this training, you will:
The training curriculum dives deep into restorative yoga postures and their variations, complemented by guided pranayama and meditation practices. You will emerge from this training with the ability to confidently and compassionately lead restorative classes, fostering an environment where your students can unwind, release tension, and discover inner peace.
Upon successful completion, you will receive 20 hours of Yoga Alliance continuing education credits—an added benefit, especially for those holding a 200-hour certification. So, step into the world of restorative yoga and unlock the profound benefits it holds for your mind, body, and soul. Enroll now and immerse yourself in the tranquility and bliss that await you in the practice of restorative yoga.
3. Restorative Yoga Teacher Training by YogaRenew
In the Restorative Yoga Teacher Training offered by YogaRenew, you’ll cultivate the expertise needed to proficiently arrange restorative yoga poses, not only for yourself but also for others. This training equips you with the discernment to identify which poses are most advantageous for specific situations. Throughout the course, you will master the art of skillfully employing props to provide support to practitioners of all levels, while also learning the art of adaptability and modification when needed. By the conclusion of this training, you will be well-equipped with the knowledge and tools to establish a personal restorative yoga practice. Additionally, you’ll gain the confidence to expertly sequence and instruct restorative yoga classes.
Here’s why we hold this course in high regard:
Effective Teaching Methodologies: Acquire teaching methodologies tailored for restorative yoga classes, empowering you to lead restorative yoga sessions with confidence. You’ll create a nurturing space for your students to thrive.
Fees and Duration:
4. Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Certification by Siddhi Yoga
For those yoga instructors who want an authentic immersion experience in Indian yoga but aren’t able to travel to India, this online Restorative Yoga Teacher Training from Siddhi Yoga is the next best thing. This yoga institute is one of the top yoga schools in India and has trained over two thousand yoga instructors in over sixty countries.
Here are some of the things you can expect to learn at Siddhi Yoga’s restorative yoga training:
If you’re looking for a restorative yoga certification from a reputable yoga institute that focuses on authentic Indian yoga techniques, the Siddhi Yoga restorative yoga training program is definitely one you should take a look at. This 25-hour course is Yoga Alliance certified and counts towards an instructor’s non-contact hours for continuing education.
5. Restorative Yoga Teacher Training & Immersion by Online Yoga School
The Restorative Yoga Teacher Training & Immersion course from Online Yoga School has plenty of resource materials for you to work with if you’re interested in continuing your education in restorative yoga outside of the classroom.
With lifetime access to related teaching materials and additional resources such as music playlists and guided meditations, this course provides all the staples you’ll need to get started with a restorative yoga practice. Whether you’re a new yoga instructor or you’re trying to increase your income by expanding your services, restorative yoga is a great investment.
Here are a few of the benefits you receive from enrolling in restorative yoga certification through the Online Yoga School:
- Yoga Alliance certification: If you’re pursuing restorative yoga certification as part of your continuing education certification for Yoga Alliance, this course counts as twenty-five hours towards your non-contact certification.
- Wide range of restorative poses: This training course teaches a diverse variety of restorative poses along with modifications and assists to help teach restorative yoga to students of all abilities.
- 60-page training manual: The comprehensive training manual included with this restorative yoga course makes it easy to back and refresh yourself on the concepts necessary to integrate restorative yoga into their yoga practice.
This training course is a good choice for those who want plenty of materials to study once their coursework is over. It’s also a good course for networking since it provides lifelong access to Online Yoga School’s online community.
Restorative Yoga Training Deepens Your Yoga Practice
Restorative yoga is a useful practice for both beginner and advanced yoga students. It’s also a useful practice for disabled yoga students or those that need adapted yoga practices in order to participate in the class.
Whether you’re coaching students through physical trauma, mental illness, or just the stress of everyday life, restorative yoga training can help you meet your clients’ needs.