The 3 Best Online Yoga Courses You Have to Check Out
ost people are getting into the groove of practicing Yoga due to its immense benefits. Yoga isn't just good for your body but also helps tone your muscles, increase blood circulation and deeper breathing patterns. Yoga also helps in improving mood and anxiety.
Online Yoga classes are great for all levels of Yoga practice, from beginner to expert. Yoga online classes are more convenient than going to the studio, especially if you have toddlers or get off work at odd hours. All you need is to sign in to your Yoga class and practice at the comfort of your own home.
Thousands of thoughts run through our heads every second of the day. Yoga and breathing help us get a bit of a break from all the thinking that our brains won’t stop doing. It also helps us clear our minds and relax.
Pursuing an online Yoga course means that you’ll have enough control over your schedule and the amount of time you can practice every day. Also, if you hate crowds, pursuing your course online will be more convenient.
The 3 Best Online Yoga Courses we’ve found out there are:
Continue reading to learn more about each online yoga course!
What To Look For in An Online Yoga Course
No matter who you are, you can enjoy Yoga wherever you want. All you want to do is find a Yoga course that serves you best. Here are some ways you can determine how well a specific course is going to help you.
- Know your instructor: Before signing up for an online Yoga course, you could check out if they have any free classes or if they’ve uploaded any videos on Youtube teaching Yoga. These videos will help you with their teaching style and figure out if they’re the right match for you.
- You should also choose a course depending on the type of Yoga you want to practice: There are different types of Yoga like Nidra, Hatha, and others, each serving a particular purpose. Figure out the one you would love to learn and sign up for it.
- Choosing a Yoga course also depends on your goals: If you desire to be more flexible or need to learn some poses, you would like a type of Yoga that fulfills your needs. Sometimes people choose courses to learn different poses and understand their anatomy.
- Know the duration of the Yoga course and see if it’s worth it: Signing up for a Yoga course means that you would love to incorporate Yoga into your daily life. Taking a course that would make this a habit is better than taking one that only lasts a few days and costs the same. Not unless you’re just trying to dip your toe in this practice. Also, just because a Yoga course is long doesn’t necessarily mean it’s nice. Prioritize quality over quantity.
- Get to know how interactive your instructor is: Pursuing a Yoga course needs one-on-one guidance, and it would be excellent to get instruction on a few things that you might still not be grasping. When you take a course with only pre-recorded materials and books, it might be hard to know where you might be going wrong.
- Know your own level: Are you experienced or new to yoga. There are plenty of beginners learning yoga online, and you need to be sure that you aren’t enrolling in an advanced level course.
If you can’t find everything you’re looking for in one yoga course, why not start your own yoga business online?
What To Bring To Be Ready For an Online Yoga Course
A Yoga class doesn’t require much. The only necessity for a good Yoga class is a quiet environment without interferences and a Yoga mat. Yoga is quite a simple practice where you, as the students, are an essential tool.
A quiet environment could either be your house, office or even in nature. There are no rules in Yoga. All that matters is that you’re comfortable. If you’re starting Yoga and need a boost when doing poses, you could get yourself a Yoga block or use a pile of books.
Other types of Yoga require dumbbells, straps, meditation cushions, eye pillows, blocks, bolsters, etc. These items are necessary to some people, but I believe that you can do Yoga without much. Just a mat is enough. But to each their own.
The 3 Best Online Yoga Courses You Have To Check Out
Since there are so many Yoga courses out there, we have put together a list of a few courses that could help you out.
1. Online Subtle Bodies of Yoga Course by My Vinyasa Practice
This course by My Vinyasa Practice is perfect for anyone who wants to deepen their energy practice. People practicing acupressure, bodywork, or meditation. It’s also ideal if you’re looking to learn more about energies and their relation to Yoga.
About the course
The course will ideally take four weeks, but you’re encouraged to take it at your own pace. You will learn more about Kosha bodies, the human aura, and the chakras through the lens of Yoga philosophy.
By the end of the training, you will understand the Panchamaya Kosha System from Western and Eastern perspectives. You will also receive a certificate on Subtle Bodies and a deeper understanding of energy pathways and how the Nadi and Meridian overlay.
The course will also count as forty non-contact hours recognized by Yoga Alliance. Yoga Alliance also accredits the certification of Subtle Bodies. Having a Yoga Alliance accreditation allows you to practice teaching yoga from almost anywhere in the world.
During the course, you will have individual support from your lead instructor and other students partaking in the course. You will access the My Vinyasa Practice community and study the course through pre-recorded lectures and written content. You also get to keep all these class materials after the course is over.
2. The Complete Guide to Yoga by mindbodygreen
This course by mindbodygreen will teach you everything you need to know to create a home Yoga practice that sustains you. This course will help people who are new to Yoga and need to practice and learn it at their own pace. If you’re want to advance your practice or need guidance, you will always return to it. The course will make you feel limber, energized, and clear-headed.
About the course
This course will help you learn all the different movements and flows when practicing Yoga. These include sitting poses, inversions, sequences, arm balances, standing poses, among others. You will also learn how to breathe to feel energetic.
You will learn how to properly do each pose and align yourself to get the most benefit out of this pose and prevent injury. If you’ve always wondered how other people are so flexible, this is the course for you. You will learn how to bend yourself in positions you never thought you could achieve.
This Yoga course is perfect for anyone who wants to learn how to teach themselves Yoga at home properly. You will be guided and instructed to achieve all that you see other yogis perform in their practice.
3. Yin Yoga Teacher Class Training by Online Yoga School
This Online Yoga School course focuses mainly on the practice of Yin Yoga and teaches you how to teach and practice Yin Yoga. You will learn the benefits and history of this type of Yoga and different Yin Yoga practices.
About the course
The course is self-paced, and by the end of it, you’ll receive twenty-five continuing education hours by Yoga Alliance. You’ll also learn what Yin Yoga is, its principles, psychological-emotional and energetic benefits. You’ll also learn how to lead a class through Yin Yoga to achieve its full benefits.
The course will teach you over forty Yin Yoga poses and give you a Yoga Alliance certification to complete the course. You’ll also get to keep a manual for all the poses and Yin Yoga sequences that you can revisit whenever you need them.
During the course, you’ll get bonus meditation with all your five Yin Yoga practices. The course is self-paced and compatible with any devices you have. You’ll also get lifetime access to the course materials and a certification that allows you to practice and open your studio.
(If you are interested in yin yoga, you’ll want to check out the ten most common yin yoga poses!)
Online Yoga courses keep rising in number, and it can be challenging to find a course that suits you while also is approved by the proper organization. We have narrowed down your search by putting together this list of great courses that could help you get non-contact continuing education hours and improve your Yoga skills while you also get a Yoga Alliance approved certification.
We also have an article on tips when pursuing yoga teacher training online. You can check it out if you need more guidance as you find yourself the right course.